Best Practices — Beyond the Basics
The Best Practices SIG (formerly Brown Bag Group) is for genealogists who want to learn advanced methodology skills and techniques. Discover how genealogy can be more than filling in the blanks of a pedigree chart. Join us on our journey of improving our research skill set to go beyond “brick walls”.
- Acquire proficiency in examining historical records and documents
- Training in better paper and digital asset management
- Using analysis of the historical location to provide leads to other areas of inquiry
- Learn and develop professional investigative techniques using other kinds of records
- Now that you have all this research – what do you do with it?
If you have genealogical best practices as your goal, we invite you to join us. All skill levels are welcome.