Program Type:Arts, Culture, & Literature
Back by popular demand! This is the fun sort of blind date- we promise!
Like a good wine, we'll pair you with folks that match your tastes- taste in books that is! That's right, we're going to use your reading interests to find friends for you to discuss your favorite reads with. But it doesn't stop there! We will also recommend a good book to read for the matched participants to help start some conversation.
Is it love, friendship, or is it a new reading buddy? Let us match you up and find out!
How does it work?
Pick one of the flowing books to read. Based on your choice, you will be put in a group with others that chose the same book and have the chance to meet, discuss, and bloom your discussion into a new book-buddyship.
Don't worry if you don't have time to read the book. Even if it's just one on your to-read list, that will help us find you the perfect book-buddy match.
- Anxious People by Fredrik Backman (Contemporary Fiction/Humor)
- Caste: The Origins of our Discontents by Isabel Wilkerson (Non-Fiction Social Doc)
- Little Secrets by Jennifer Hillier (Mystery/Thriller Fiction)
- Who Fears Death by Nnedi Okorafor (Sci-Fi/Dystopia)
- A Traveler at the Gates of Wisdom by John Boyne (Historical Fiction)
- The Black Count: Glory, Revolution, Betrayal, and the Real Count of Monte Cristo by Tom Reiss (Non-Fiction History)
On March 18, we will have a Zoom meeting for all registrants. Participants will be split into breakout rooms based on their book of interest. Those in the breakout room can meet, discuss their reading interests and get to know each other. We encourage participants to exchange emails to pick a book for next month's meeting (April 15). We will meet again then to share with each other and discuss.
This program is online only! Registration is required and will be held on Zoom. A Zoom account is not required to attend.