Program Type:Arts, Culture, & Literature
Celebrate Family History Month with the Dallas Public Library, Dallas Genealogical Society and the Genealogy Network of Texas (GNT), a state-wide initiative to connect libraries/genealogical societies and provide educational and research opportunities! Our annual "lock-in" is virtual this year with a full day's schedule of the following online programs available to watch for FREE:
- 10:00-10:50 a.m. NARA Mythbusters: Your Family IS in the Archives - Judy Russell, JD, CG, CGL, The Legal Genealogist
- 11:00-11:50 a.m. Methodology: Using Timelines to Focus Your Research - Susan Ball, President TxSGS
- 12:00-1:05 p.m. So, You've Found Your German Town of Origin, Now What? - Teresa Steinkam McMillin, CG
- 1:15-2:10 p.m. Fingerprinting Our Families: Using Ancestral Origins as a Genealogical Research Key - Curt B. Witcher, Senior Manager, Special Collections, Allen County Public Library
- 2:20-3:35 p.m. Attacking 18th and 19th Century Mysteries with DNA - Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D., The Genetic Genealogist
- 3:45-4:35 p.m. Filling in the Family Stories - Susan Kaufman, Senior Manager, Clayton Library Center for Genealogical Research
- 4:45-5:35 p.m. Discover Genealogical Treasure Using Historic U.S. Maps - Hannah Kubacak, Genealogy Librarian, Genealogy Center Waco-McLennan County Library.
Registrants will be sent a link to virtually attend the event on October 14. Programs are only able to be viewed during the time scheduled. No conference meeting platform will be used.
The Genealogy Network of Texas is spearheaded by the Genealogy Center of the Waco-McLennan County Library. Co-sponsors include the Central Texas Genealogical Society and the Texas State Genealogical Society.
Registration is for the online event only.