Program Type:Out-of-School Time/Summer Reading
Age Group:School Age (ages 6-11)
Have you ever wanted to start drawing or painting? Learn the basics from a professional artist.
Basic for Drawing
- Several sheets of paper (can be copy paper or poster board, any size)
- Pencils, Pens, Markers, crayons, or colored pencils
- watercolor set with brush or tempera paints (Note: Ear Swabs or house painting brushes work!)
- color pencils or crayons
- Old Magazines or Newspapers
Basic for Painting:
- Acrylic Paint Tubes
- Assorted brushes.
- Heavyweight Paper or Posterboard or cardstock
- Oil, Wax, or chalk pastels (optional)
"Learn the basics of drawing and painting" is supported in part by the City of Dallas Office of Arts and Culture.
This program is available online only. Registration is required. Details on how to participate will be emailed. Emails may go to your spam folder.