Program Type:Arts, Culture, & Literature
Explore Latin America in this series as we feature a new country in Latin American each Saturday learning about its culture and its people through stories, activities, and dance.
Today we are exploring Colombia!
- 10:30 a.m.- Bilingual Storytime
- 11:30 a.m.- Dance workshop led by Anita N. Martinez Ballet Folklorico where you can learn to Cumbia!
- 12:30 p.m.- Craft! Paint your own Terra Cotta pot and learn about Ráquira, a small town known as the ceramics capital of Colombia.
Check out some of our other featured countries Saturdays during Hispanic Heritage Month,
- Mexico at the Skillman Southwestern Branch on September 24
- Colombia at the Audelia Road Branch on October 1
- Puerto Rico at the Forest Green Branch on October 8
- El Salvador at the Vickery Park Branch on October 15
This program is brought to you by the Friends of the Dallas Public Library.