Program Type:Arts, Culture, & Literature
Explore Latin America in this series as we feature a new country in Latin American each Saturday learning about its culture and its people through stories, activities, and dance.
Today we are exploring Puerto Rico!
- 10:30 a.m.- Bilingual Storytime
- 11:30 a.m.- Dance workshop and learn some traditional Puerto Rican dances such as Salsa and Reggaeton.
- 12:30 p.m.- Craft! Learn about the Taino, the indigenous people of the Caribbean and make your own Taino rock art
Check out some of our other featured countries Saturdays during Hispanic Heritage Month,
- Mexico at the Skillman Southwestern Branch on September 24
- Colombia at the Audelia Road Branch on October 1
- Puerto Rico at the Forest Green Branch on October 8
- El Salvador at the Vickery Park Branch on October 15
This program is brought to you by the Friends of the Dallas Public Library. The Cultural artists for this event are sponsored by the Community Artists Program (CAP), a program of the City of Dallas, Office of Cultural Affairs.